SFCC to sponsor 5th community Jingle on the Green Dec. 6
11/27/2012-12/6/2012 8:00:00 PM
SEDALIA—State Fair Community College invites the community to its fifth annual “Jingle on the Green” from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 6 on the Sedalia campus.
The free community holiday celebration will feature 1,000 luminarias, holiday music, dancers, and refreshments. The public is invited to stroll the campus, view the lights and visit holiday-themed stations with festively decorated trees.
Parking will be available in all lots on campus. In case of inclement weather, the event will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 13.
The stations and music schedule includes:
• 6 p.m., Parkhurst Student Commons, “Home for the Holidays”—SFCC President Dr. Marsha Drennon will give a brief holiday welcome There will be a Blue Ribbon Vision certificate presentation. At 6:30 p.m. the SFCC Jazz Runners will perform; at 7 p.m. the Sacred Heart Band will perform.
Santa and Elf will also be in the Parkhurst Commons from 6-8 p.m.
• Hopkins Student Center lobby, “Winter Wonderland”—Refreshments
• Yeater Learning Center lobby, “Peppermint Lane”—6:30 p.m., Wesley United Methodist Church Bell Ringers; 7 p.m., SFCC Chamber Choir; 7:30 p.m., SFCC Jazz Singers
• Thompson O’Sullivan Studio Theatre, Yeater—6:30 p.m., Center Stage Dance Academy will present ongoing performances.
• Sylvia L. Thompson Atrium in the Heckart Science and Allied Health Center, “Chocolate City”—6:30 p.m., Boonville High School Chamber Choir; 7 p.m., Marshall High School Choraliers; 7:30 p.m. California Sixth Grade Choir
• Gerken Solarium in the Heckart Center, “Gingerbread House”—Sweet Adelines quartet
• Daum Museum of Contemporary Art foyer, “Holiday Brights”—6-8 p.m., free art-making for children
Volunteers helping with the event include the Sedalia RSVP group; the SFCC Spirit Squad, Nursing Club, Ag Club, and Employee Events Committee; and Fischer’s Concrete Service and County Distributing Company Inc.
The SFCC Foundation sponsors Jingle on the Green. For more information about this and other arts events at SFCC, go to www.sfccmo.edu/thearts